What is ductless heating and cooling system?
Also known as a mini-split system, a ductless heating and cooling system consists of a wall-mounted indoor unit or recessed ceiling cassette and an outside compressor. The indoor unit delivers heated or cooled air directly into the space where it's mounted. No ductwork or air registers are needed. A multi-split system can connect multiple indoor units to a single outside unit, allowing individual control for each area.
Ductless systems are one of your best bets for custom temperature control in added-on rooms, especially when you want an energy efficient air conditioner and heating system that is cost-effective.
Why install a ductless system?
- A ductless system may be a great solution for homeowners in many situations
- Older homes with no existing ductwork or room to add ductwork
- Heating and cooling a room addition or renovated space such as a sunroom, bonus room, she shed, man cave, or guest apartment
- Multiple needs in one home - Independent temperature zones
What to Know Before Speaking with a Dealer
- How often will you be running this unit?
- Do you need heating, cooling, or both?
- What premium and value brand options are out there?
- What’s the size of the space you need to heat/cool?
As a leading HVAC company based in Springfield Missouri, we know you’ll be satisfied with the end product. Not only will we install your new ductless heating system, but we’ll do so with minimal disruptions to your home or business.
If you have questions about ductless systems, please reach out to SS&B Heating and Cooling today. We're here to help you get the answers you need for a more comfortable home. Don't wait – get in touch now!