HVAC System Lifespan in Springfield, MO
Your HVAC system is one of the most important investments you will make for your home. It provides you with comfort and peace of mind, knowing that your home is always at a comfortable temperature, no matter what the weather is like outside. But how long can you expect your HVAC system to last?
The average lifespan of an HVAC system is 15-25 years. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the lifespan of your system, including:
- The type of system you have. Furnaces and air conditioners typically last longer than heat pumps.
- The climate you live in. Systems in hot, humid climates will wear out more quickly than systems in cold climates.
- The quality of the system. Higher-quality systems will typically last longer than lower-quality systems.
- How well you maintain your system. Regular maintenance will help to extend the lifespan of your system.
How to Extend the Lifespan of Your HVAC System
There are a number of things you can do to extend the lifespan of your HVAC system, including:
- Have your system serviced regularly by a qualified HVAC technician. This will help to catch any problems early on and prevent them from causing more serious damage.
- Change the air filter regularly. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and put extra strain on your system.
- Seal up any air leaks around your home. Air leaks can waste energy and make your system work harder.
- Keep your system clean. Dust and dirt can build up on the coils and make them less efficient.
When to Replace Your HVAC System
There are a few signs that it may be time to replace your HVAC system, including:
- Your system is not cooling or heating your home as effectively as it used to.
- Your system is making strange noises or vibrations.
- Your system has many repairs.
- Your system is not energy efficient.
- Your system is more than 20 years old.
If you notice any of these signs, it's a good idea to have your system inspected by a qualified HVAC technician. They can help you determine if it's time to replace your system or if it can be repaired.
Choosing the Right HVAC System for Your Home
When it's time to replace your HVAC system, there are a few things you need to consider, including:
- The size of your home.
- The climate you live in.
- Your energy needs.
- Your budget.
Once you've considered these factors, you can start shopping for a new system. There are a number of different types of HVAC systems available, so it's important to do your research and find the system that's right for your home.
If you're located in Springfield, MO, and require an HVAC system, reach out to SS&B Heating & Cooling. As a family-owned and operated enterprise, we have proudly served the Springfield community for over half a century. We provide an extensive range of HVAC systems and are confident in our ability to identify the ideal system for your residence.
Discover top-notch HVAC services in Springfield, MO with SS&B Heating & Cooling. With over 50 years of experience, trust our experts for the perfect system to keep your home comfortable.