SS&B Heating & Cooling offers a range of HVAC services to ensure that your home is comfortable, efficient, and safe throughout the year.
It is important to manage your expectations regarding the performance of your air conditioning system, especially during the summer months in the Springfield MO region. The cooling equipment is designed to work optimally at a summer design temperature of around 95° in Springfield, MO which means that it may struggle to cool your space efficiently if the outdoor temperature exceeds this level. Therefore, it is advisable to take measures such as proper maintenance and insulation, as well as adjusting your thermostat to reasonable levels, to help your air conditioning system operate at its best during hot weather.
1. Higher outside temps may cause your house to be a little bit warmer than what you’d really prefer. Most AC units can only offer a 20-degree difference from outside to inside.
2. Do NOT crank the thermostat down: Leave it set where you normally have it. Moving the dial from 76° to 72° will not change the temperature of the air coming out of the registers; it just makes the unit run longer to reach the desired temperature. If your unit is already running full time to keep the house at 76°, moving the dial down will not make the house any cooler.
3. It may not be the equipment’s fault: Leaky ductwork, poor insulation levels, and air leaks in the home’s envelope all contribute to comfort issues. We tend to notice these issues more during the extreme summer heat. Be sure to note areas in your home that are particularly uncomfortable this week so that you can do some further investigation when things cool down. Many modifications related to the home’s envelope don’t cost as much as you might think.
4. Is the filter clean: Take a look and change it or clean it if you even THINK it’s dirty. A dirty filter will slow airflow and make your AC unit work harder than it needs to. That costs you extra money and you won’t be as cool.
5. Close your curtains, shades, or blinds: Keeping the sunshine out will help keep the rooms as cool as possible. If you don’t like feeling like you are in a cave then just close them on the east side in the morning and the west side in the afternoon. If you have south-facing windows you may want to keep them closed all day to keep the heat down in those rooms.
6. Do not block supply registers OR returns: The key to comfort is to keep the air flowing. Move furniture around so that you are not blocking any supply or return registers.
7. Use ceiling fans and/or box fans: Even warmer air feels cooler if it’s moving.
8. Avoid using your dryer and oven in the hottest hours of the day.
9. Check the outdoor unit: Be sure it’s free of grass clippings, leaves, pet hair, and other things. If the fins are plugged up, carefully brush them off. You can also carefully wash them with your garden hose. Having the fins clear allows the air to flow better and the unit to dissipate the heat it is pulling from your house. And probably the best advice is the hardest: be patient. Getting upset just makes you warmer! So put on cool, light-colored clothes, drink lots of water, and take it easy. And if you have outdoor pets, remember to provide them with lots of water and shade in these “dog days” of summer!
10. If your air conditioner won't keep up in extreme heat precool your home in the morning to a lower temperature.
11. Consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient air conditioning unit. A newer model can save you money in the long run and provide better cooling performance.
If you're experiencing problems with your air conditioner, you know how frustrating it can be. Your home is supposed to be a place where you can relax and escape the heat, but when your AC is on the fritz, it can be unbearable. That's why it's important to have a reliable AC repair company on your side.
SS&B Heating & Cooling is the trusted name in Springfield, MO for AC repair. We offer 24/7 emergency service, a team of experienced technicians, and a wide range of services to keep your AC running smoothly all year long.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should choose SS&B Heating & Cooling for your AC repair needs:
- We offer 24/7 emergency service. We know that AC breakdowns can happen at any time, which is why we offer 24/7 emergency service. Our technicians are available to come to your home or business at any time of day or night to diagnose and repair your AC unit.
- We have a team of experienced technicians. Our technicians are all certified and experienced in AC repair. They will be able to diagnose and repair your AC unit quickly and efficiently.
- We offer a wide range of services. We offer a wide range of AC repair services, including:
- We offer competitive prices. We offer competitive prices on all of our AC repair services. We understand that AC repairs can be expensive, which is why we offer financing options to help you pay for your repairs over time.
Special Financing Subject to credit approval, see store for details
If you're looking for a reliable AC repair company in Springfield, MO, look no further than SS&B Heating & Cooling. We offer 24/7 emergency service, a team of experienced technicians, and a wide range of services to keep your AC running smoothly all year long. Contact us today to schedule an appointment! 417-866-0990 or online.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can I Expect My HVAC System to Last?
What is a Variable Speed Fan Motor?
Do You Offer Financing on Repairs and Replacements?