WHEN TO SCHEDULE HVAC PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
Heating & Cooling
2x Each year schedule a service appointment in the spring and fall to prepare for both the heating and cooling seasons.
1x Each year service your air conditioner in late winter or early spring, before the cooling season.
1x Each year schedule an appointment in late summer or early fall, before the heating season.
HVAC PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SEASONAL CHECKLIST
Keep your heating and cooling system running smoothly by following these maintenance tips and scheduling regular service checkups before the heating and cooling season. Your system will last longer and run more efficiently if cared for properly.
Outdoor Maintenance Spring/Fall
- Clean any dirt, leaves, and debris outside the main cabinet.
- Inspect the base pan for blocked drain openings.
- Inspect the coil and cabinet for any holes and leaks.
- Inspect the fan blades while they’re in motion and stationary to determine wear and damage.
- Inspect and clean outside of control box associated with the unit.
Indoor Maintenance Spring/Fall
- Clean or replace filters.
- Check for leaks in the ductwork.
- Check for any unusual odors when your system starts.
- Listen for abnormal noises when your system starts.
- Inspect your control box wiring and connections.
MONTHLY HVAC MAINTENANCE TASKS
Here are a few tasks that you can do regularly to help your system run efficiently all year long.
- Inspect the return air filter every month and replace it as needed.
- Keep vegetation 18 inches away from each side of the outdoor unit.
- Clean debris away from the compressor to maintain proper airflow.
- Tell your technician if you hear any unusual noises.
WHEN TO CONTACT AN HVAC PROFESSIONAL
Even if you schedule all routine service checks and follow our preventive maintenance checklists, sometimes heating and cooling systems break down. It’s important to know what to listen to and look for and what problems need immediate attention.
Contact a dealer
- If your energy bills increase but your usage rate remains the same.
- If your air conditioner or furnace can’t keep a consistent comfort level.
- If you notice bent or damaged fins or other parts of your outdoor unit.
- If any part of your furnace has been underwater.
- If you notice an electrical burning smell. Turn off your unit immediately.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HOME MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT
These suggestions can help you save money on energy bills and reduce the use of fossil fuels.
- Make sure your attic is properly ventilated.
- Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate counterclockwise.
- Use your grill and cook outside as much as possible.
- Make sure your home is properly insulated so heat doesn’t escape.
- Lock the windows to reduce the warm air escaping your home.
- Make sure all heating vents are clear of obstruction.
- Lower the thermostat when hosting a large number of guests.
To schedule heating services in Springfield MO, simply fill out our contact form or give us a call at 417-866-0990. Let us help make your system efficient!